Thursday, February 10, 2005

Nothing new to report

I've been continuing my reading and sitting. Nothing new to report. I can see how clinging makes life pretty miserable, however. Clinging to anything; having any beliefs at all make life miserable. "Believe nothing" was the slogan at the monastery and now I can see the point. Every thought I have that is associated with judgment makes for difficulty.

Watched several movies over the last few days. Nothing that good or inspirational. I'll have to get something more at the library for the weekend. I'm not reading as much as I used to now that I can get movies at the library. It's kind of a shame, actually, that I can watch movies so easily because I much prefer that to reading. Reading is tiring and takes a long time. Watching movies really challenges all of the senses - maybe assaults all of the senses is a better way of putting it, and for that reason, I much prefer movies. I don't mind books if they are written in a way that is very descriptive. I have a good imagination, so that's not the problem. I guess I'm getting lazy in my old age. I want someone to show me the pictures instead of me having to make them up.

And I complain about kids not having enough time to make up their own stories - a little like calling the kettle black?

I have something else to write about these days but I can't do it tonight. I am having trouble figuring out what has happened to a relationship I have had with someone. I need some time to think about what happened and to figure out what I want to do about it. More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home