Monday, April 25, 2005

Just finished the game

I just finished playing the WildDivine game. (http://www.wilddivine.com/). It's very cool. I hope a lot of people try it. It is really interesting to me how I have so much trouble raising my energy in the game but have no trouble lowing it. My friend has no trouble at all raising hers, but has a terrible time lowering it. I would say that most people would think the opposite of us but that's the way it works out in the game. I had no idea there was an ending to the whole thing. I understand that there is sequel due out in the fall. I can't wait!

Deepak Chopra is coming to town and I have a ticket to attend this time. I didn't think I wanted to spend the money right now but the ticket was purchased for me, so I'll go. I follow my nose on these things. When something presents itself to me, I try to pay attention and go with it now. I have this funny feeling that the universe presents things to each of us and if we just say "yes," things work out. It's as though we have a custom made universe for each one of us - only most of the time, we are so busy lost in our own ego, we forget to pay attention. Or something like that.

I've been thinking a lot about "what's the point?" lately. I suppose that that assumes that there is a point. That my be my first mistake. Maybe there is no point? Then what? I have been watching all of the pomp and circumstance surrounding the new Pope and watching with amazement at all the hoopla about the whole thing. I've been thinking that people need to think that there is a point to this whole thing, and if they can't make one up themselves they turn to something, usually religion, to provide the answer. So, people follow this or that leader, this or that philosophy. That's why I really like what the Buddha taught. Trust no one else for your answers... not even him. Trust your own experience. And that's what people seem to forget. I don't believe you can know anything except through your own experience. And that's what the Buddha discovered. Experience. This moment. Non-judgment. Total awareness.

I've been continuing to read the "Buddhism: It's not what you think" book and find it totally fascinating. There is something to just being here right now with no judgment. Just wide open awareness. Not to say that I can do this for more than one instant at a time, but when those moments of total awareness occur, it is like being on a magic carpet ride through life. There is only this moment and the rest is pure fiction. But, to be able to just be present every minute of every day is probably the MOST challenging of all efforts because effort does not create it. It's almost like being in the game. When you "try" to lower your energy, the effort causes it to raise. When you "try" to do anything, the effort precludes being able to actually do it. It is only when you are totally unaware of awareness that you can be aware. Tricky.

If that American woman hadn't died in Iraq, perhaps no one would have known anything about what she is doing. Will it all be lost or will it inspire people to carry on her work? Will it inspire me to carry on her work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home