Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Creating something new

I've gotten off the dime today.

I've created something new for a change. I took one of my photos and spent some time with it today and created something new. It's been a LONG time since I have created something new. I've been in this funk lately. I can't seem to shake it. Nothing seems that important anymore. It's as though all of the wind is out of my sails and I'm drifting around with nothing to do and nowhere to go.

I've been reading several really interesting books lately. One called "A Modern History of Palestine" and two classics, "1984" and "A People's History of the United States." Some might not see the History of the United States as a classic, but they ought to I suppose. We are fed quite a line from grade school to high school in public education. Of course, that was years ago and perhaps things have changed. I don't know. I don't have kids and I don't know anyone in high school right now... Well, maybe one kid. I'll have to ask her.

Anyway, for some reason I am totally focused on how cruel people are to one another... and have been for eons. People continue to this day to be cruel to each other. As a practicing Buddhist, I know that it is not "the other" who is doing this. I always have to ask how am I doing this?

How am I being cruel? By not sending money to help starving people around the world is a start. But there must be something more current - more present in my life that is like this. Perhaps I will have to look harder because nothing is really obvious.

Anyway, I am in this funk. That's why I'm not writing I guess.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home